Thursday, July 3, 2014

My Story


It's been quite a while since I've posted anything, but the reason for me starting my blog was to share my story with you. We all know each person goes through their own battles daily and come out a different person. Well here is the story of the many battles I faced and how I learned from it. My intentions are to reach out to young women who find themselves in tough situations and feel alone. You are not alone, God is with us in our good times and bad times.

Being only 24 years old I would have to say that I have been through a lot. At the time of each obstacle I faced I didn't understand why it was happening to me. I was a very hardworking and motivated person growing up. I made sure to end high school with a good GPA, made sure to get into the university I wanted to attend, worked while attending school to have my own money. I also felt that having went through two traumatizing events in my childhood, being molested as a child by my grandmother's third husband and my moms suicide attempt when I was 14, that I was able to go about life as normal as I possibly could.

Then as a young adult, within the span of about 3 years I was faced with ending a 7yr relationship, my parents divorcing, losing the relationship with my dad, losing my grandfather, getting fired from a job, losing myself and going through a reckless stage, and an unplanned pregnancy.

All of this, and I will go into detail each day with each obstacle, made me the woman I am today. Even after facing such obstacles, I am grateful to God. Grateful that He put me through the toughest obstacles that really put me to the test. Had it not been for me having to break down and lose myself I wouldn't have picked up the good pieces and become the strong and independent woman I am today.

I pray that as you read what I went through and see that I was able to overcome it that you may see that there is hope. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Know that we can go through the worst times when we feel as though it can't get any worse, but you can and WILL get through it. Life goes on and so will you. Just be sure to stay positive and take the opportunity given to you to start fresh and make the next chapter in your life a good one.


God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment